Can EPANET calculate a network with multiple pumps?

Hi,
i have a network with 3 bore hole pumps that connect to a main manifold and from that manifold one pipe fill a tank.
can epanet simulate such a network?
thanks,
Ari.

Its possible, I try to model a system having 12 boreholes and successfully run ,
Just assign neg demand at each node which represents a boreholes. Then run

Petr01990-Nyerere
THANKS!!!

how to model booster pump?

If you want to model the borehole pump,
you can model each borehole as a sequence of reservoir and pump
The reservoir head will represent the water level in the aquifer
The pump is characterized by a pump curve

1 Like

thanks gal.
I’m actually know how to model a single borehole pump (I’m doing it exactly as you wrote).
the question is can epanet simulate multiple pumps (pump’s curve, it doesn’t necessarily need to be a bore hole pumps) that feed one manifold.
I’ve attached a simple drawing to show what i mean.
thanks,
Ari.

no.
those pumps are individual and connect parallelly, not in a row.
those pumps connect to a collecting manifold, and from that one a single pipe fill a reservoir.

@aridzv Have a look at this network here with three pumps in parallel:
https://emps.exeter.ac.uk/engineering/research/cws/resources/benchmarks/expansion/d-town.php
The INP file is here:
https://emps.exeter.ac.uk/media/universityofexeter/emps/research/cws/downloads/d-town.inp

thanks elad.
i have 2 more quotations, if I may:

1. i didn’t see any P.S.V’s after the pumps. how do this model set/fix the pump’s flow?
  2. can i use Cramer’s rule to develop the head-flow equation from a given pump graph?

thanks,
Ari.

@aridzv, regarding your questions:

1. The pump flow is determined by the intersection of the pump curve and the system (resistance) curve. If you aim to set a constant flow you might consider using a variable speed pump.
  2. I am not familiar with Cramer’s rule in the context of pump curves. EPANET allows you to insert the curve as a set of discrete points and then it will build the continuous graph on its own

Gal